At Kuluin State School the Australian Curriculum (ACARA) is implemented across all learning areas. Students in Prep to Year 6 engage in the learning areas of:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts
The learning areas of English, Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education comprise a single subject. The learning areas of Humanities and Social Sciences, The Arts, Technologies and Languages each comprise multiple subjects. This reflects the custom and practice of each discipline. At Kuluin our flexible curriculum delivery plan enables students to engage in all subjects at particular times in their primary school years.
Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
- Civics and Citizenship
- Economics and Business
- Visual Art
- Design Technology
- Digital Technology
- Japanese (Implemented at Kuluin)
- Other Languages (Arabic, Auslan, Chinese, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Greek, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese)
Indigenous Perspectives are embedded in the Australian Curriculum and as such will form part of our school curriculum. These perspectives acknowledge the viewpoints of indigenous people within local, regional, national and global contexts.
Our school curriculum includes:
Learning Continuity Online and at Home
The Department of Education has a number of online tools and resources to support schools to ensure continuity of learning during events such as bushfire, floods and the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Many of these tools can be found in the Learning Place, the department’s online learning platform. The option/s you take will be a school-based decision that consider existing school processes and students’ ability to work from home.
A suite of curriculum resources providing opportunities and resources for students to continue their learning while not being able to access a school have been developed.
These materials are designed as a support tool for students to engage in familiar activities essential to their learning and wellbeing. The included tasks and activities allow for students to work at their own pace from home. These materials can be accessed at:
A range of support materials are being made available, including:
- Curriculum support materials, including year and subject specific tasks and activities for students to complete at home at their own pace
- A comprehensive set of resources is under development and designed to be used with support from parents or by students working independently. These resources are packaged into sequential two-week units of work for Prep to Year 10 across English, Mathematics, Science, Digital Technologies, Design and Technologies and HASS (History and Geography).
- Students in Prep to Year 3 may require adult support to read and understand instructions and write responses. Detailed lesson instructions, helpful information, teaching tips and answers are provided.
- The lessons for Years 4–10 are independent student materials that are written for a child to work through independently. They contain a complete set of student resources, teaching episodes and learning objects.