Religious instruction (RI) is offered at the school and is conducted on Tuesday in the last two
sessions of the day.
The faith groups that provides religious instructors to deliver an authorised program are listed below:
- Assembly of God
- Uniting Church
- Godspace which is the common syllabus agreed on by the churches.
- Aims and Goals: To provide an unbiased education for all children in all denominations.
- Specific outcomes for each lesson are clearly stated in the teaching manual.
Parents of child/ren participating in these programs are required to pay $5 to cover the cost of the Godspace workbook.
Students are allocated to RI based on information provided by parents on the completed Application for Student Enrolment unless other written instructions have been provided to the school.
Note: This information remains operational unless the parent informs the school otherwise in writing.
Students who are not participating in RI will be provided with other instruction in a separate
supervised location. Other instruction must relate to part of a subject area already covered in class
which is discussed and agreed to by the year level teachers and may include, but is not restricted to:
- personal research and/or assignments
- revision of class work such as writing or literacy and/or numeracy activities
- wider reading such as independent reading appropriate to the student.
Parents will be advised of any changes to the RI and other instruction programs to ensure they are able to make an informed decision on their child’s participation.